Lead all financial administration and fiscal management aspects of the project. The Accountant will ensure that all team members, including Project Manager, Superintendent, and Engineer are following Turner Financial Policy and Procedures, and will communicate any potential profitability or risk to management.
The Accountant has supervisory responsibilities for Accountants, Assistant Accountants and Accounting Clerks.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial administration, general conditions budgeting, and certain tax reporting for the project.
- Responsible for project assets with respect to insurance and tax requirements, including managing the process.
- Evaluate and manage project cash position with respect to net assets, liabilities, and unfunded work in place.
- Communicate cash position risk issues, including those with respect to unapproved and unfunded change order work in place.
- Implement, and maintain internal control safeguards for the project.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports for the project.
- Set up, lead, oversee and implement procedures to insure contractual requirements with respect to all financial aspects are followed by all project participants including preconstruction billings, non-reimbursable projections and analysis’s, proper fee billings, and financial contingency reporting.
- Investigate and resolve financial issues on behalf of Turner. Coordinate and communicate with Owners/ Architects/ Vendors in connection with resolving financial disputes and with respect to accounts payable, and accounts receivable issues.
- Ensure project ledger is maintained in accordance with standards of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analyze and maintain project accounting records.
- Oversee and coordinate monthly billing process to owner.
- Manage approval process and compliance of subcontractor billings.
- Advise on various accounts analysis and reconciliation.
- Manage project closeout process with integrated project management team and make decisions relating to changes and back-charges in the close-out.
- Supervise Accountants, Assistant Accountants and Accounting Clerks including providing input on performance appraisals.
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Set up processes to manage employee expense reports, petty cash accounts, and miscellaneous general expense.